Thursday, December 29, 2016

A Hanukkah recipe for potato latkes

Image result for menorah

When Jill Silander was growing up, she and her mother would always make latkes together for the first night of Hanukkah. That’s also the night the family would get gifts. “We didn’t get a gift every night,” Jill told me, “only on the first night. With three kids, you can imagine my parents didn’t need to buy 24 presents for Hanukkah when Christmas was around the corner. Yes, I was one of those lucky Jewish kids who got to celebrate both!”
Today, Jill still makes latkes for her family, including her husband who is not Jewish and happens to be a chef and their young son. “My husband likes them with sour cream and sometimes with ketchup,” she said. “Ever since I can remember I have always eaten them with applesauce and wouldn’t eat them any other way!” Click here to continue reading.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome written and thanks for the valuable info. I look forward to seeing more relevant stuff on this blog. Keep up the good work.

    EU Appliace Repair

    ReplyDelete